Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sound Sleep

We had a marvelous, filled to capacity turnout for our Sound Therapy Workshop last evening. The room was filled to capacity not only with some pretty fabulous, bright and caring people, but also with delicious sound!  Participants came to learn about sound for health and healing.  Besides myself, our presenters were long-time musician, businessman and sound explorer RA Campbell; Quantum Physicist, Healer and Performer Narayan; and scientist, healer and Himalayan Bowl practitioner Kathleen Baker.  Attendees learned what sound therapy is and what it is not, the science and art of it, how to use a number of the modern and ancient tools including our voices, Himalayan (Tibetan) and crystal bowls, ting-shas, tuning forks, bells, drums, and gongs to name a few. The evening concluded with a mini sound immersion utilizing mostly the bowls. 

Abundant positive comments from those present followed the meeting and continued to be received either in emails or facebook posts today.  The most common comment was how well quite a number of people slept last night.  Talk about sound sleep!  Gives the phrase a deeper meaning.  So as I was replying to some of these comments today, the first song that popped into my head was "Mr. Sandman," and the second one was "I'll See You In My Dreams."  That started my creative brain energy into a whole list...Sweet Dreams, Wake Up Little Susie, All I Have to Do Is Dream, Sleep Walk, In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning and the old hymn Wonderful Peace. 

What do all those songs have to do with sound and healing?  I can only say that with sound being the energy of creation, it caused my mind to bring forth all kinds of memories of songs that deal with our sleeping state.
That, in turn, made me think of how good it is to have good memories and good dreams and good music.  I certainly have an abundance of those in my life.  It's Magic.  Magikal.
(Written originally three years ago)

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this about three years ago, and it never published. So here it is, long after the event. It was a fun night with 40 attendees, and I wonder if any of those people who were there are still sleeping soundly :)

    ReplyDelete