Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday Sermon

I have been reading and hearing a fair amount of talk about illusion lately.  More specifically, how all that is and all that we are and all that we think this world is, is really an illusion.  This is not a new concept to me.  As soon as we start delving into trying to understand the mystery of life we are going to come across the teachings of the Masters who speak of the grand illusion, and all the lesser ones as well.  

I participated in a group meditation recently where we were guided to let go of third dimensional thinking, behaviors, perceptions, patterns, habits.   It was not the first such group journey for me.  I give them myself with the use of sound frequencies through a variety of instruments including my voice.  I enjoy and appreciate being able to simply partake and grow without being the leader of one. We were encouraged to move into being more love, more of who we as individuals are, to not "give away our power," and help bring the fifth dimension into reality in our own lives.  This would also serve to bring that reality more fully into the world.  To bring more love, grace, forgiveness, peace and health into this world surely is the highest calling we have. God Is Love. We must bring it to ourselves consistently or we can't bring it to anyone else.  I think this is exactly what Christ meant when he said to Love Others as You Love Yourself.  We cannot love others until we understand healthy self love.  The New Heaven and the New Earth are being birthed.  It is an exciting time to be here on Earth. (Illusion or not :) )

Many years ago I went to churches that preached Jesus first, Others second, and You(self) last.  That is actually kind of backwards when you understand the full meaning of the words of Christ.  When invited, The Christ Consciousness (or Buddha or Krishna or Jehovah or Allah or G-d or....) permeates our soul with sacred (healthy) self-love.  It is not a self-serving, fearful, insecure, insensitive, self-impressed love with a doctrine of me-itis and hatred. Two blatant symptoms of me-itis are the over-riding need to be right about your particular viewpoint or interpretation, and making mini-gods of certain theologians and gurus throughout history who have convinced you their interpretation is the "correct" one.  Never the less, could we not all at least respect one another's views? Especially views that encourage us to love one another, to forgive, to heal ourselves and one another, to make the world a better place.  I learn from them all.  I love that quote, "promote what you love instead of bashing what you don't(love or like or agree with...)." Besides, if we were motivated to win people over, kindness, love, mercy, compassion would attract me. Fear, cruelty, sarcasm, self-righteousness and anger would drive me away.  In fact, it did.

As I have studied a few other "religions" and dogma, I cannot subscribe to any of them 100% either as they continue to insist their way is the Only Way or the Best Way. I recently read an article relating that as long as you think you are better than someone else because of your "enlightenment" in any one area(spirituality, environmental, dietary, etc.), you are guilty of spiritual egoism.  As soon as we say we are "more evolved" or "more enlightened," than any other one belief or state of being, we are guilty of the ego dominating the soul, are we not?  Please know that I realize there is a difference between healthy functioning ego and narcisstic, selfish ego.  And I know there is a fine line between observation and judgment.  And the longer I live, the more I realize I don't know very much at all.  I knew so much more when I was younger. (please laugh at that tongue in cheek illusion!!) When you have found what works for you, it is beautiful that it works for you...or you work for it.  We each find our own way (or not). We each have free will and choice. We learn from the darkness and the suffering as much as we learn from the light and bliss (or not).  But what do I know? I know that I Am. 

For most of us there is the ongoing battle of varying degrees within that we must balance to become the peace we want for the world, to become the love and joy and healing we wish for others. If we don't have it internally, it cannot manifest externally.  Most of us presently still live and are very much entrenched in this third dimension.  However, the earth and her inhabitants are moving into the fifth dimension. Some of us now accept this only because science and modern technology have been able to "prove" this.  Blessed are those who have believed and yet not seen. :)   When we choose to let go of the old ways of thinking and behaving, and choose to practice and live with more love, forgiveness and respect, we are doing the most powerful thing we can, not only for ourselves but for everyone.  We have heard so many times, "you cannot fix anyone but yourself."  Yet many of us still try.  To fix others. I like what Christ said when he reminded his disciples to take the log out of their own eye first. I remember thinking that perhaps the log is so huge it has blinded some of us. Or maybe the log is an illusion, too. :) Isaiah wrote that God will make a way when there seems to be no way.  He is making a way, folks, right before our eyes! Separating the wheat from the chaff. 

Now I have come back to the illusion.  I like what Thich Nhat Hanh said, too, when he reminded us that we are here to realize the illusion that we are not separate, we are One.  Like Jesus prayed in the Garden at Gethsemane....that we would all be One.  Like Ram Dass said so beautifully, "We are all just walking each other home."  Being one doesn't mean being all the same. We are all wonderfully diverse.  We are created in God's image...all the richness, love, wisdom, peace and diversity. All the unique and specific frequencies of energy that make us individuals.  All on as many paths as there are souls. And that many illusions, if you will.  Most importantly, All on our journey home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment